Transportation is provided for all students that are zoned for Citrus High School: therefore parking is a privilege, not a necessity to attend school. Parking on campus will be offered to those students with the following qualifications:
- Valid operator driver's license
- A legally registered vehicle in which the registered owner's name is disclosed to CHS
- A 2.0 GPA (checked each semester)
- A signed and completed parking application and $20.00 non-refundable registration fee.
- Teen Driving Certificate.
- All obligations must be cleared before purchasing a parking permit.
A revocation can result in a loss of parking privilege from the period of one semester to one school year depending on the severity of the discipline; it is at the discretion of the administrator.
- Failure to maintain a 2.0 GPA.
- Due to disciplinary reasons - 3 disciplinary actions.
- Taking an ineligible student off campus without authorization.
- Transferring, receiving, or sharing an unauthorized decal.
- Reckless or careless driving and / or speeding in the parking lot.
- Leaving campus without properly checking out in the front office. Skipping class/Truancy.
Expectations & Guidelines
- Students are expected to comply with all state of Florida Traffic Laws while on school property.
- Buckle up! It's the Law
- Students may park on campus in any paved, lined and numbered spot.
- Students may not park in faculty/staff area, visitor parking, labeled spots, or off pavement.
- Illegal parking will result in one warning followed by a $15.00 fine.
- Once you have driven into the student parking lots in the morning, you may not leave campus without properly checking out through the appropriate procedures
- If a student loses his or her parking permit, a replacement fee of $10.00 will be charged.
- No passengers are allowed in the back of trucks on campus.
- Radio volume must be kept at a low level on campus.
- Loitering in the parking lot will not be permitted. Cars should not be used as lockers. Students should return to their cars only when leaving school at the end of the day or after checking out through the proper procedures.
- Vehicles displaying words, graphics, or designs, which in the opinion of the school administration are in poor taste, are PROHIBITED. No banners, flags, or other loose materials can be hanging from vehicles.
- The administration of Citrus High School reserves the right to make any adjustment it deems necessary to enforce student - parking regulations to insure the safety and protection of the student population. Florida Law provides for the search of any vehicle on campus by the administration upon reasonable suspicion.
- Citrus High School has a ZERO TOLERANCE for drugs, weapons, or alcohol.